Enter the incredible world of Florence Nightingale, a truly extraordinary woman who broke all boundaries and reshaped history.
Get ready for a thrilling journey as you listen to the story of her remarkable life. This is a tale of bravery, kindness, and unstoppable determination.
We will learn how one person can transform an entire field and inspire countless generations.
Discover the incredible power of one woman to make a true difference in the world.
In 1820, a baby named Florence Nightingale is born. She is born into a big and fancy family in a beautiful city called Florence in Italy. Her parents, William and Frances Nightingale, are very important people. They decide to call her Florence, just like the city. Imagine being named after a whole city!
But little do they know, this special baby girl will grow up to do something amazing that would change the world forever.
1) Listen to the full story below.
2) Then complete the accompanying worksheet.
3) Check out the "Florence Nightingale" interactive book for English learners.
1. 1820, in Florence, Italy.
3. Crimean War
4. By implementing better hygiene measures and organizing medical supplies
5. Founding the Nightingale Training School for Nurses
6. Comfortable furniture