What is the Difference Between "Ad" and
Click Here for Step-by-Step Rules, Stories and Exercises to Practice All English Tenses
= advertisement = a picture, short film, etc. which
tells people about a product, service or job.
- "We put an ad in the newspaper."
- "He doesn't like to see ads on TV."
- "This is an ad for a new English course."
= to put something together with something else
- "Please add some sugar to the tea."
- "Do you want me to add your name to the list?"
- "Add 3 and 4, and you get 7."
In summary, an "ad" is an advertisement
and "to add" is to put