Borrow or Lend?
What's the difference between
"borrowing" a book and "lending" a book?
Click Here for English Short Stories for English Learners: 500 Pages of Stories, Exercises, and Fun Activities
borrow" means "to take something that belongs to someone else, and
return it to them later."
- "Can I borrow your car?"
- "I need to return the book I borrowed from the
- "He borrowed 10,000 dollars from the bank."
"To lend" means "to give something to someone, when they need to return
it to you later."
- "I can't lend you my car. I am using it."
- "This library lends books for free."
- "The bank lent her a loan of 10,000 dollars."
In summary, borrowing is an action of taking
lending is an action of giving